Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-Rewriter Not Working

• Please log in to reply

wade_man_uk

wade_man_uk

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
MY Cd-Rewriter has been playing up lately, it writes all the data to I ask it to a disk but when I try to use that disk to access the data on the disc it says that there is either nothing on the disk or the disk simply does not work. Please Help!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go to device manager, right click the CDRW Drive, click remove, confirm then reboot

Have you checked for a firmware update

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
What software are you using to burn CDs? I had the same problem once and it turned out to be a software problem.

Alan :whistling:

wade_man_uk

wade_man_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I dont use any software to burn CD's. I just use windows XP. Keith will try that now thanx.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could add this

CDBurnerXP Pro is an easy to use CD/DVD burning software, that can write CD-R and CD-RW discs. The program can also write disks directly from an ISO image file, and save image as an ISO image file (*.iso). You can create data and audio CDs, and it supports Burn-Proof technology, multi-session disks, import of ISO images and more. In addition to CD burning, you can also rip audio CDs, normalize WAV files, encode MP3 files, erase disks, and more. CDBurnerXP Pro does not require ASPI when used under for NT/2000/XP. The program can also convert .bin and .nrg (Nero) images to .ISO format.

http://www.snapfiles...cdburnerxp.html

wade_man_uk

wade_man_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B Dont suppose you would know where I would get an updated driver for it?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The US site has it but not the UK site

Try the CD Burner from post 5 to see if it helps, if not we can look elsewhere, is the drive new?

wade_man_uk

wade_man_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Its about 3 years old and has allways worked well. Any chance of the link to that site?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You might find that using dedicated software would help, CDBurner is free

http://www.lge.com/index.jhtml

Firmware updates are non reversible, if you install one which is not compatible then you will have gained a paperweight

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I dont use any software to burn CD's. I just use windows XP. Keith will try that now thanx.

Uhmm never heard of that before :whistling: What do you mean? :blink:

Alan :help:

wade_man_uk

wade_man_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
If I have the files on my desktop I just copy and paste them onto the E drive (CD-RW) and a balloon pops up in the corner and says you have files waiting to be written onto disc so i usually press ok and it asks for a name for the disc and i enter one and press ok and it writes whatever I ask it to onto disk. Has allways worked for me for at least 3 years.

oceanauk

oceanauk

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sorry please ignore this posting - put it in the wrong place!! Doh there's always one!!

Edited by oceanauk, 07 April 2006 - 02:54 AM.