Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU0 Vcore = 0 V...

• Please log in to reply

orentha

orentha

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When I go into setup at startup, and into the hardware monitor. I have these values...

CPU0 Temp: 79 C
CPU0 Fan Speed: 1704 RPM
CPU0 Vcore: 0V

CPU1 Temp 80 C
CPU1 Fan Speed: 1704 RPM
CPU2 Vcore: 1.6520 V

Why is the CPU0 Vcore at 0 volts ??
what does that mean, and what should I do about it...

Not sure if it matters, but here's some info.
I have 1GB ram.
dual AMD MP 2.4 GHz processors
running Windows 2000 SP4

i can provide any additional info if needed.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks

Advertisements

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
The Vcore would never be at 0 volts, your PC wouldn't run. It's most likely that your motherboard sensor for the processor's Vcore isn't working properly.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah its probably an error, a bios update might fix it, those temps are very high though even if the system was in high load that would be high are you getting any crashes under heavy use?

orentha

orentha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I AM getting random crashes under heavy use...

what are "normal" cpu temps ?

i guess it's time to revamp the cooling system somehow...
I have 4 fans in there right now.

any suggestions for me?

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Normal temps for me are 33c idle, 42c load, with 20c ambient, I'm running a single exhaust fan on the stock HSF on my AMD Athlon 3700+. I have it overclocked to 2.53GHz (stock 2.2), so my normals are a bit lower (I think on stock I was getting 28c idle, 33c load).

If yours are so high, you might look into a XP-120 - you'll notice a large temperature drop with one of those.

First things first though, grab a can of air, and clean that sucker up!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Normal temps, idle between 30-45 load 45-55 60 is what i usually consider an absolute max temperature.

What you need is more or larger fans and to get a good aftermarket HSFs for the CPUs, two cpus are a lot of heat so you need very good cooling both on the HSF and the case.