Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Processor Weird Noise

• Please log in to reply

Querra

Querra

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello guys:

Well, i have a really bad problem here...sometimes, when i play some games, my cpu starts to make some weird noises (i think it's the processor) like if something is stuck on the fan, like a trrrrrrrr (only describing the noise, i really don't think ther's any in the fan) and the game starts to slow down, really decreasing cpu performance :blink:

Sometimes it starts to make this noise even before i run a game, so i have no idea about what's going on...your help would be very much appreciated , and sorry about my bad english :whistling:

Advertisements

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Could it be that your processor is throttling itself due to high temperatures? I suggest you take a look inside your PC, see if there's tons of dust choking everything. Make sure the heatsink is clean - just grab a can of air and use that to clean everything out.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Sounds like its either a cleaning probelm(lack of) or a busted fan, the cpu itself wont make any noise it doesnt have any moving parts(well nothing you can see)

Querra

Querra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well, i think it could be because of the heat, it's near 80º when a game is running...and i don't see any dust, fan is working (i think fine), but heat is really high, so could that be the problem?