Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want IE 6.0 To Open "Maximized" By Default

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I have a few icons on my desktop that open various web pages for me. When I use these icons, the web page always opens up in a small window. Is there a way to have these windows open full screen by default instead of me having to click the Maximize button every time?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can try this. After opening the webpage, hold the curser at the edge of the window until you seethe double arrow. Use the mouse to pull the edge to the very edge of your screen, Do this on all four sides. It should stay that size from now on.

SRX660

ScottAz

ScottAz

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
http://www.burzurq.c...ull_screen.html

Works great!

Scott

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

You can try this. After opening the webpage, hold the curser at the edge of the window until you seethe double arrow. Use the mouse to pull the edge to the very edge of your screen, Do this on all four sides. It should stay that size from now on.

SRX660

What Srx660 said but if you strech it out and it doesnt work do it again only this time "HOLD" the "Ctrl" key down when you close it with the "X".

Regards,
TakeBK

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I tried what the three of you suggested and it worked. Thank you so much for your help. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Thanks,

Magus

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I lived with that for almost a year before I tripped over an answer,thats why I remember it. LOL

Glad you all set