Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New system doesn't see second partition

• Please log in to reply

mlwjackson

mlwjackson

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I have just finished installing XP windows on a clean new system. I have two SATA II drives of 80 and 250 GB respectivelly butthe 250 is not connected to the mobo yet. The plan was to load the OS and some of the less critial apps on the 80 drive. In order to completely segregate the OS (xp Pro) I created a 15GB partition. I assumed that following the creation of the single partition for the OS that I would see a C: and D: drives under MY COMPUTER. However, under my computer and looking in explorer the system only sees a 15 GB C: drive. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Can you do this.

open Disk Management (Start/Control Panel/Performance and Maintance/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/)Click on disk management under Storage. Right click on unpartitioned space. Choose format.

or

1. From the Start menu, click Run.
2. In the Open box, type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
3. Select the drive or partition you want to format.
4. Right click the selected drive or partition.
5. Choose format from the list.

SRX660