Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gateway Solo2500

• Please log in to reply

enew2006

enew2006

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:whistling: I am going to need to write quite alot here to explain my problem entirely. Anyone who would like to read and try to help me out would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to say that I am an advanced user myself, so believe me, I have looked everywhere and found alot of things that do not work and nothing that does. I have a Gateway Solo2500 Notebook PC. This is a fairly old notebook so I can see why it is so hard to get the right drivers and software for Windows XP pro. From what I am finding out there on the web, there are no drivers for at least 2 of my built in devices for WinXP. First off, my soundcard is a NeoMagic MagicWave 3DX. Windows XP lists it in my device manager as a NeoMagic MagicMedia AV. I cannot find the correct driver anywhere. I have Windows XP Professional SP2. This driver seems to work fine, but I cannot mute the microphone in Volume Control. If I mute it and close volume control and turn up my main volume, my speakers let out a "screech". Very Loud and annoying. Open Volume Controls again and the microphone is unmuted. Same thing everytime. Simply cant mute it. So now I try to turn the microphone all the way down. Cannot do it, if I open volume control and turn the mic volume all the way down and then close the volume control and reopen it, the mic is no longer turned down. What can I do?

If you can't figure that out. Probably the worst problem I am having is with the touchpad. With windows 98 my touchpad is listed as a touchscroll ps/2 after I install Logitech Mouseware. With Windows XP however, if I download and install Logitech Mouseware, it does not recognize it as a touchpad. Now this is annoying... I need to disable the tapping on this touchpad... It clicks on everything when I am trying to type and move the cursor around. If I cannot get the options in my mouse properties to disable this then I am guessing that there has got to be a way I could disable this tapping manually. There has to be a string I could just change the value of or something... I have tried everything and nothing works... I have downloaded the synaptics touchpad driver as well. That recognizes it as a touchpad, but will not allow me to disable tapping because it is not a synaptics device. I try to install both the synaptics driver and the mouseware, but they overwrite one another. Is there anything I can do here?

Advertisements