Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GMA 900

• Please log in to reply

Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
How good is Intels Intergrated Graphics Media Accellerator 900 chipset?

I realize its no nvidia, but will it be able to handle basical 3d gaming, ect? I wont be playing DOOM with the thing, but basic computing and some light entertainmet.

Right now my desktop has Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset. How does this compare to the Graphics Media Accellerator 900? Which is better? By how much?

Thanks so much for the help.

Advertisements

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
you can't just buy a GMA 900, you'll need a whole new mobo. look for GMA 950 instead. For movies and stuff, they'll be perfect but any game above Rune Scape :whistling: will be terrible at anything above the worst settings. look for a cheap 7600GT, or 7600GS, they'll do justice for money in most games. but really, your intergrated gfx should be fine for movies and stuff. but not, because it is intergrated, it sucks up a lot of system RAM so get another 512Mb or something and you should be sweet