Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

64 bit system software problems

• Please log in to reply

ledzeppelin360

ledzeppelin360

• Pip
  • 8 posts
;) I recently purchaced a computer with a 64-bit system.I also puchaced Norton Pack with firewall and Norton Sytem works.My problem is that after install it does not launch.I've search the web for awnswers but only came up with "Know programs that have problems with 64-bit systems" One of the products was norton.Anyone know how to correct this problem? :tazz:

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

When you say a 64 bit system do you mean it has a windows 64 bit OS or do you have a 32 bit windows version and 64 bit processor?

If you have regular windows then try your search again and leave out the 64 bit.

If you have a 64 bit os then maybe nortons is not compatible.

Rick

ledzeppelin360

ledzeppelin360

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I think I have 32bit windows.Not sure how to tell.I belive the 64 wasnt relesed when my comp was built.Anyways when I posted this question it was before I installed any updates "sp2 ,display driver exe."I just just now installed it and It launched with no problems.Driver updates possibley?

Thanks

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
If you don't know then you have a 32 bit operating system, I think 64 bit may still be in beta (testing)

Yea you most likely needed some update.

Glad you got it fixed

Rick