Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with this riddle

• Please log in to reply

gamblor

gamblor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey there. im an engineering student at unbsj (saint john , canada). anyways, every week one of our profs gives out a riddle to all of the engineering students, and the first one to get it wins points. these points are tallyed up at the end of the year and the winner gets a cash prize! it is coming towards the end of the semester and i am almost in the lead, but if i get this weeks riddle i will be winning.

anyways, the reason i am posting about it on this forum is because i think it has something to do with encryption, which some of you guys might know something about. (and i know nothing about!!).

so here is the riddle... its pretty obscure, but maybe one of you will recognize it

LINSAOEFGOSDTYENILSOTELUSUTAYCECHSGK
E-MAIL WILL SUFFICE.

......... thanks a lot!

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I think it says:

Do your own homework to win your own cash. :whistling: Only kidding. :blink:

IshmaelVignsten

IshmaelVignsten

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
hmmm if it's engineering...have you learnt about matrix's? if he's given you some kind of a matrix try converting the letters to numbers ie a=1 b=2... ant grouping them into small matrix's that you can multiply by the inverse of one he's given you before....if he hasnt given you one or you have no idea what i'm talking about then...well i'm wrong lol :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
at first blush the

E-MAIL WILL SUFFICE.

leads me to think it's some form of acronym used in email speach....sort of like LOL or TTFN...or TTYL...

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
If dsenette is correct (and he usually is)

I think this part:

TY

stands for thank you.

Not much, but I'll split the winnings with you. :whistling: