Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New DVD/RW

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there guys, I just wanted to ask you guys about my dvd/rw, If you can't help me its no problem, I am going to take it back the weekend.

Well its starts that I buy a new dvd/rw (Wow! This thing is great its got the new "Lighscribe" feature (LightScripe Enables me to print a picture onto special cd's with inside the drive [Have not used it yet though]) I installed into my computer no problems.

The problem is I cannot copy dvd's. I can read them fine but I just cant write to them. I can write to a normal cd\rw and read. So I was woundering what the problem might be.

Not only that I changed the Region Codes to the correct settings but still no luck. So I gave up and tried it on my dad's computer, the drive worked perfect! So i thought maybe its some kind of software conflicting with the drive. So I Formated today and done a clean installation. But for some reason the drive still does not work on my computer. What could this be???

Its a LG (I dont know the specific model, but if you need it I can get it)
If you need anymore specifications, let me know.

Cool :col

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you checked the jumpers and put it on its own channel, make sure your HDD are jumpered right.

Make sure you get the drivers for it installed because its lightscrbe it needs the drivers for it.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Thanks for the choppy relpy.

Yip, jumpers in correctly set to "Master". Loaded the drivers.
But you see what I dont get, is that it works on my dads pc without drivers. It doenst work on mine???

HElp!!!

Thanks....

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
How are the drives set up are you HDDs on a seperate IDE channel from optical drives do you have any other optical drives.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Try updating the motherboard BIOS and the burner firmware

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

How are the drives set up are you HDDs on a seperate IDE channel from optical drives do you have any other optical drives.

Yip, seperate IDE channel. I got another DVD/RW on the same channel, I set it as slave and the new one as master.

Try updating the motherboard BIOS and the burner firmware

Im going to try and update BIOS and see what happends. I already updated burner firmware.

Cool, thanks guys I will get back to you. :whistling:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Cool, so hours of strugling to flash my BIOS. It still never worked.

Anything else???

mcarrick69

mcarrick69

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What CD writing software are you using?? Is it the same as your dads??

Nero or something like that??

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Yip same as my dad's (Nero), but its not the software iether. Cause I have tried diffrent types of software.

Anything else???