Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Booting issues

• Please log in to reply

apebblesbraxton

apebblesbraxton

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The problem i'm having is that my computer won't completely boot. I can't even get to the screen to logon to get into everything, such as windows, etc. Usually, when i turn on the computer, it boots, then goes straight to the screen where i have to enter a logon, then password, then go the main screen where I can get to windows, internet, etc. Now, as soon as I turn it on it stays on a screen that says biosystem, with the internet address, www.biosystem.com, and i see that usually, but it passes, then goes to the logon screen, but not anymore. I have to manually turn it off because I can't get to the screen where I can shut it down because it's stuck on that biosytem screen. I don't know what to do. I've unplugged everything, plugged it back in, done everything I can think of. It was working fine as of sunday afternoon, then sunday night I tried to get on and couldn't. I have high speed internet, but I don't think it has anything to do with that because i've called them and i can't even get to the internet anyway. What do I do next?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you unplugged everything, did you leave them unplugged to boot the PC

Have you got powered USB Hubs?

You may want to see what happens if you remove the USB Leads, excepting anything for the keybaord and mouse

apebblesbraxton

apebblesbraxton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no, i didn't leave everything unplugged, then tried to boot, but I will try that. Not sure what powered usb hubs are. So I should unplug everything except the keyboard and mouse?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Worth leaving the other USB leads out