Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Not Working Properly~

• Please log in to reply

running95

running95

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
When i try to adjust the volume on my keyboard the bar doesnt move nd when i press the mute button to mute on and off everytime it say mute off. When i go to the sound recorder it does not let me record. When using yahoo messenger voice it tells me that the sound device is in use with another program. Also it will not pull up ALT+CTRL+DEL!

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there running95, before we get to the other problems, let take a look at this one. (Once we find the solution to this problem we should be able to identify the other problems.)

Also it will not pull up ALT+CTRL+DEL!

When you say it can't pull up:

Does it bring up a message box or anything???

> Right Click on your taskbar
> click "Task Manager"

Does this bring up anything??? Or is the "Task Manager" greyed out?

Finally goto:
> Start
> Run
> Type in "taskmgr"
> Hit enter

Does it open or still not?

Let me know. Cool :whistling:

running95

running95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have tried both and neither wokr and when i go to start and run it says program in use by another application

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there running95, well this sounds like a malware infection.

A virus may have changed the taskmanager to its own name, and put in its own file. So I will direct you to the malware forum to get rid of any present malware. If there is no malware or the problem persist, please post back here so I can continue help you out. If there is still a virus present me trying to help you is useless.

So please read this: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 12 April 2006 - 02:38 AM.