Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer is running slow since I used Antipuper for popups

• Please log in to reply

elie98

elie98

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I had a problem with popups above my system tray as well as advertisements for various adaware programs when I opened my browser. I ran Antipuper and that completely killed my popup problem but now I am experiencing a ridiculously slow system. Everything takes forever to open and doesnt run properly when it is open.

I then downloaded Security task manager because I figured the problem was that a program was running in the background. It came up with a couple of potential threats. The first is called hpDB5C.tmp, however, windows says it cannot find the file, but Security Task Manager says its running. The second potential threat is dva.386. Not sure what this is exactly.

Are these causing the slow down or is it something else? Thanks for your help. Also, I have a couple of other posts, if you could disregard and delete them. I looked for them but only found one that has been closed. Thanks again.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
you still have malware on your computer which may be comtriputing to this--

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

elie98

elie98

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks. I'll do that and I appreciate your help.