Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ping pops up NTVDM CPU error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
[size=5] [indent=1] Ok ill go easy right now cause i dont have a lot of time and i wont be able to come back to this post till the 18of march or so...

Anyways i had installed (on separate partitions) windows xp and windows xp pro SP2 well one day i tried to make the windows xp pro partition bigger by reducing the windows xp home one but i accidently reduced the wrong one and deleted the partition. Luckuly i had a backup fo all my files. so installed them on windows xp home and continued using it normaly until one day i wanted to download a file using "utorrent" and i could not connect to the network but i could surf the internet pretty normaly. So i tried to ping my IP Address and al i got was an error that said:
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal operation
CS:06e7 IP:570d OP: db 33 d2 88 0e Chose close to terminate the application

So i retried the application and the same thing happened, i tried to continue the application and i still could not ping. I have run Ad-aware with the latest defs. and found nothing and also spyot and NIS2006.

PS: I can run regedit and cmd.exe no problem its just the ping function that dosnt work (that i know of).

If you need any other info ill be glad to post it.

THIS MY BE IMPORTANT: I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME SP2 SPANISH RIGHT NOW !!ITS NOT THE ENGLISH VERSION!!

thank you
OCM 770

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
OK sorry to bother you its me again and i had an idea regarding the *.com extensions and surprisingly it worked!!! i search for all *.com files and found ping.com remembering that i had to use only the .exe file i deleted it and now i can ping fine bye the way i still cant use utorrent, should i delete all the *.com files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ ????

thanks OCM770

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Geeks To Go do not provide assistance with P2P applications