Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The instruction at “0x73bc155c” referenced memory at “0x73bc155c”. the

• Please log in to reply

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Getting into some files of mine has gotten this error.

The instruction at “0x73bc155c” referenced memory at “0x73bc155c”. the memory could not be “read”.

Files Blink at me . Then pc acts like a mini-reboot. Icons on desktop flash at me then my check firewall bubble comes up.

4506_application_error_boots_me_out_of_files0001.jpg

Advertisements

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
What OS are you using?

What program or file are you using at the time?

Does it happen only on one certain function or several?

How much RAM do you have installed?

Did you look at Start / Settings / Control Panel / Aministrative Tools / Event Viewer

On left click on System then in the left pane check out the red errors.See what they are telling you at that time by double clicking on the error line.

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks for the response:
xp pro sp2
It is a random thing, sometimes video files, sometimes picture files. Come to think of it it hasn't happened yet opening text.
I don't always have a certain program running.
1.50gb of ram

Errors source say - service control manager.

Thanks, Shane

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Errors source say - service control manager.

Thanks, Shane

Did you double click on it for the other details

Example is in attachment from me.

wicked.JPG

Regards,
TakeBK

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks,

No I didn't know that......duh.

Here's an attachment of what I get when I do.

40606_sytem_error0001.jpg

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Network DDE - provides network transport and security for dynamic data exchange (DDE) by applications running on the same computer or on different computers. You can create Network DDE "shares" programmatically or by using DDEshare.exe on your computer, and make them visible to other applications and computers. Traditionally, the user creating the share will create and run a server process to handle incoming requests from client processes and/or applications (running on the same computer or remotely); once connected, these processes can exchange any kind of data over a secure network transport.

This service is turned off by default, and it is only started when invoked by an application that uses NetDDE, such as Clipbrd.exe or DDEshare.exe. In addition, applications running on remote computers can send messages to other computers that will invoke the NetDDE service. If you disable or remove the service, any application that depends on NetDDE will time out when it tries to start the service. If an application on a remote computer is trying to start NetDDE on a different computer, it will appear as if that remote computer is not found on the network.

See if the service has been disabled .

Start / Settings / Control Panel / Aministrative Tools / Services

Look for Network DDE and Network DDE SM they should be in alfabetical order

Are you hooked up in an office or on a network that shares your programs?Next question if you are not why is something trying to share your computer services?

Regards,
TakeBK

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes both were disabled. I put them both on automatic, was this the right thing to do?

Yes, I use a filesharing group called grouper. It seems I was trying to manipulate or re-file folders from thheir recieved file the last time this happened. Other times it has happened I am not sure what folders I was in, but yes, last noiight I was in a shared folder or received folder..

Aweesome. Should I mess around in there and see if it happens again?

Thankls Shane

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Well I can not properly answer if those should or shouldn't be set to automatic.Mine are off/Disabled

I also am not familiar with grouper but it is probably the settings in that that is messing you up.For that you might want to check out there support forum for settings and bug fixes if it continues.

http://forums.grouper.com/

Anyway yeah do what you do and see if it crashes again.

Regards,
TakeBK

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thank You, I set to automatic, will mess around and reeport, will also check grouper forums.

Many Thanks! Shane

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Welcome :whistling:

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
In a file with a dozen or so video clips, all but one opened, no problem. The honory one gave me an error, but this time when I clicked on cancel to debug, it didn't make the icons "blink" at me or boot me out of folder. It sat there. So I hit play again and it played. Now this was just one folder, but I think you found something out. I will clean some more folders and also relay info to my contact at grouper.

Thank you again. Shane

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Spoke to soon. Entering another received folder, didn't give me an oppurtunity to even click on any files, I was "booted" from folder, icons blinked at me taskbar icons disappeared and then cameback, the grouper icon disappeared but task manager showed grouper not in processes anymore.

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
From event viewer, this was listed as information at that time as it was the last thing I did but saw no error.

4606__application_has_generated_an_exception_that_could_not_be_handled_20007_2.jpg

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Does it show anything as far as errors in the Event viewer under Applications?

Since the Grouper crashed on the lock and dissappeared from task manager processes,I am almost positive that is what is giving you the problems.Might want to un-install grouper and re-install it.Also I saw they have updates for it to fix some bugs you might want to update it also.

On a side note you reallly got to be carefull what and who you are shring with you might get some kind of bug and not know it also.Just a note of precaution with these file sharing programs.

Regards,
TakeBK

shaneksmith

shaneksmith

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Product DAO error 1706 is the only occasional error I get in application.