Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pb installing Norton Internet Security 2005

• Please log in to reply

xpp634

xpp634

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have tried several times to install Norton Internet Security 2005. Each time, the following error message appears: "Norton Internet Security 2005 installation has failed. Do you want to try to install again?".

I already tried the solutions proposed on Symantec website:
1) Verify that the computer is virus free --> the scan didn't detect any viruses
2) Make sure needed Windows services are running --> Task scheduler correctly works
3) Uninstall and reinstall all your Symantec programs

None of these solutions has worked. Could you please advise me on what to do to sort it out?

I use Windows XP, service pack 2.

Cheers,

Julien Bergeron

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

It seems there are a lot of folks with that problem and no clear answer (did a google) btw seen your post on another board :tazz:

So I don't think this is a hardeware problem maybe post this in software or applications maybe someone in there will know something.

Rick

xpp634

xpp634

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, thanks. I'll try the software and applications section.

However, if anyone has a clue on what the problem might me, please help me.

Julien