Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LAN spy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
i am the manager of my bissness and i think my employes are wasting time on the computer at work instead of doing work. Is there a WINDOWS program that can spy on a computer on the LAN network without installing a client on the remote computer and that can get past the windows XP pro firewall with SP2. if so please send a post a reply.

Thanks,
Daniel

Edited by daniel_c, 06 April 2006 - 04:11 AM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

I doubt if you will get any recommendations for such programs from anyone here at GTG. I believe it is against the Terms of Service of this forum to provide such information:

Member Conduct
You are solely responsible for the content of your transmissions through the Services. Geeks to Go reserves the right to take any action with respect to the Services deemed necessary or appropriate at Geeks to Go's sole discretion if you or your transmissions or use of the Services may create liability for Geeks to Go or cause Geeks to Go to lose (in whole or in part) the Membership of Geeks to Go's Users. Your use of the Services is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination and false advertising). You agree: (1) to comply with all laws, rules and other regulations applicable to your use of the Services; (2) not to use the Services for illegal purposes; (3) not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Services; (4) not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems via the Geeks to Go site or by use of the Services; (5) not to interfere with another User's use and enjoyment of the Services; (6) not to use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Geeks to Go site; and (7) not to take any action that, in Geeks to Go's sole determination, imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.

I may be wrong in my understanding of the above, and if so, someone from staff will probably help you.

Ron

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
major payne is right there...there's no assurance that you are indeed an IT manager or just someone who wants to spy on someone...concidering we do alot to REMOVE spyware...you won't get too many people here feeling comfortable with helping you here....i will say however that..in the past few years there was a marvelous invention....called GOOGLE...try that....also...you can use ethereal or other network traffic monitors to monitor traffic on a network...it's up to you to decipher that traffic...