Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD - Rewriter will not work properly

• Please log in to reply

oceanauk

oceanauk

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have had to recently do a system reformat after my laptop crashed. I have a sony vaio PCG-FRV31 and the CD burner seems to really be playing up. I burn CDRs and CRRWs using Nero 6 and sometimes they work fine but a lot of the time although the burn process is working and saying it's completed fine, when I go to play the discs on a DVD player they will not work and I have CRC errors when I try to play them back on the laptop. I thought at first it was disc issues but realise now it's my burner. Is there anyway it can be fixed without having to take it to a repair centre??

Many thanks in advance, Jackie

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Have you tried burning at the slowest possible speed??

Murray

oceanauk

oceanauk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi Murray

Yes I burn at slowest speed of 4x - however, I'm wondering if it's not the burner but my Nero 6 software which I have just found out has some compatability issues with SP2 which I had to reinstall after my system crash - and thinking about it my problems have stemmed from then - also media player 10 doesn't work properbly so I'm now thinking it is definately SP2!! Any thoughts??

Thank you,

Jackie

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Well, anything is possible.. Have you tried the Nero website for any possible fixes or updates??

I use XP Pro SP2 with both Nero6 and WMP10 with no problems..

Murray