Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AVG Help, or something

• Please log in to reply

thehyecircus

thehyecircus

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Whenever I scan, I find 36 viruses, or virusi, whatever. This is the message all of them carry.

"Java/ByteVerify
This virus abuses the security vulnerability in Java Virtual Machine described in MS03-011, which gives posibility of runing potentially dangerous operation to java program (like working with files).

Trojan horse using this vulnerability changes Internet Explorer Home page.

The fix is available on Microsoft web pages like WindowsUpdate.Microsoft.com"

I did what it said, I went to Windows Update, grabbed every update they had, and scanned again. Nothing. Thats why I am here, my dear friends. I don't have a hijack this log or anything, if you really need those to figure this out, I'll do it, but it sounds like a common problem.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Close all browsers, Start > Settings > Control panel > Java Plugin [version number] > Choose Cache and click remove JAR Cache.

Then scan again and see if that worked.

thehyecircus

thehyecircus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
In my control panel, I don't have a "Java Version #" option, just a "Java" option. It has the option to delete all temp files, is that what I want?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
yes