Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB logitech optic Mouse decided to stop working..?

• Please log in to reply

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
I had this re-occuring problem that on every say 3 in 10 times of booting up my pc the Windows.exe would encounter a problem and all would happen is i have my background and no start my computer etc etc, so i got my windows installer CD abd clicked the update one after the setup it booted up ok but my mouse wouldn't move the light was blinking when i moved it but nothing on the screen and this was even worse as it was kind of still taking me through the steps of welcoming me to windows but i was incapable of clicking next or anything so i turned my pc off started it up as normal and mouse still not working i managed to get myself here using tab and enter etc (took about 10 minutes) to ask why that is everytime i boot up it says found new hardware tries to install but is unsuccesful, even though i tried it on my step dads laptop and it worked immediatly, very odd hopefully somebody can help me, i dont have any drivers on CD for it im currently searching logitech site to get them see if that works if not ill just reformat and re install windows its about time i did it.. but all i have to back up is CD's which cant hold anything above 700mb i kno DVD's can hold about 3 gb or so but whats the best way to back up files that are say 4gb etc..?

cheers guys get back to me and my mouseless pc as soon as possible please! :whistling:

EDIT mouse problem sorted with drivers from website.. doies anyone know what might have caused this..?

Edited by whitey_VTS, 06 April 2006 - 10:23 AM.

Advertisements

ejay563

ejay563

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I'd say you're on the right track looking for the drivers. If you do end up reformatting, here are some ways you can back up your data.

1. Single layer DVD's hold 4.7GB, and dual layer DVD's hold 8.5GB, so you should not have a problem if you do it that way.
2.Get Norton Parition Magic and create another partition on your hard drive which inludes all your freespace. once The partition is creaded, you can copy all your files to it, and reformat the windows partition, and all your files will be waiting for you when you come back.

If you absolutely need a mouse for anything before you reformat, you can usually pick up a cheap non-usb mouse that will work on any machine with not problem, and that should get you to a place where you can do what you need to.

Hope this helps.