Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help 4 windows xp hp pavilion 7935

• Please log in to reply

destructo nerd

destructo nerd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:whistling: i was given comp by neighbor who coundn't get it to boot right, i tried running it and it made several beeping noises at me. i just heard the fans runnig, in fact the monitor said check video cable. i tried three monitors on it PLEAS HELP !!!!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The beeps indicate hardware errors, from not working to not fitted, maybe 3 beeps is the video adapter but it depends on the motherboard

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

:whistling: i was given comp by neighbor who coundn't get it to boot right, i tried running it and it made several beeping noises at me. i just heard the fans runnig, in fact the monitor said check video cable. i tried three monitors on it PLEAS HELP !!!!!!

Does it have a PCI video card in it ?If so take card out and move cable to the Oboard video card and see if that does it.

If the Video cable is bad you can try 1000 good working monitors and they won't work.If you tried three and all three times you left it plugged into video card and only changed it at the monitor end that might prove true.I don't know what kind of monitor you tried "Built in cable " or "Seperate cable". Try anything from wiggling connections to changing the cables all together.

Found this on his spec from HP 7935 from US/CAN

Motherboard Name Santafe-KM
System BIOS Supplier Phoenix
Form Factor uATX
Processor Brand AMD

Here is link for beep codes for Phoenix BIOS

http://www.pchell.co...s.shtml#phoenix

EDIT:::::::::

Do a restart as many times aas it takes you to figure out the Longs and Shorts and how many and look up beep code to troubleshoot from above link.

Good luck

TakeBK

Edited by TakeBK, 06 April 2006 - 02:15 PM.