Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics problem

• Please log in to reply

sposes

sposes

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
When I use only onboard video I am fine, but when I install my AGP card, and try to play any game, the computer instantly restarts. I went into bios:

AGP & P2P Bridge Configuration:

Primary Graphics Adapter: AGP

When I first installed syste, I put card in, and this is when problems ocured, so I removed the card, and now I can go and play games.

Any sugestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Faulty graphics card most likely.

sposes

sposes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
The card I can verify works since it came out of my old system, I just upgraded yesterday.

Suposed to be compatible, runs at 1.5v and board suports 1.5v and 0.8v signaling.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
curious, in devmgmt.msc is the driver recognised, also a lot of these type of caards have their own cds to go with them, have you installed that.
Also, not all cards like all mobo's, one could check up with the card's website.
Also, cards eat ram usage, could you be losing out because of borrow ram demand being too big.

If the above needs explaining I will, good luck then.

sposes

sposes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I feel silly now, I just put card back in and now everything works fine, perhaps it was loose, but yes I did install the drivers from cd.

Oh well, now everything is cool and I can fully enjoy my system.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Np, that happens to me all the time too.

tedza

tedza

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i have the same problem my motherboard AopeN mx3w-e2 picks the onboard vga as a PCI instaed,if i disable the on board thru Bios and then install a PCI Graphics card the computer freezes immediately after booting,PLIZ HELP

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
try installing the drivers before using the card use shared graphics but with the card in the PCI slot then install.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01 – tedza – [AopeN mx3w-e2 onboard vga & PCI Graphics card conflict]
16th April 2006

Good morning tedza - & - Welcome to – Geeks to Go –

Please start your own Post that states info about your PC – Motherboard – New Video Card – By starting your own – Thread – More Tech Staff will be able to observe & add advice – Also like yourself – Others will receive benefits from the additional coverage –

We need more information than just problem description – Here are a few suggestions – Post back PC info & results of following suggestions – Use your own thread – You will be better served + others will benefit

1- Take advice from sposes – Reset Card – It may not be seated properly in socket
2- Try another PCI Expansion Socket – [May assign different IRQ – Resource] Eliminate Conflict
3- Onboard Video Card shares Memory – Verify Motherboard support for Expansion Video
4- Check Aopen Website for Video Card Support – http://www.unicore.c...l.cfm?model=117
5- Try using – Safe Mode – when installing new Video Card –
6- Did you install – New & Latest Correct Video Card Driver - first –
7- Aopen Socket 370 MX3W E2 Details http://www.ciao.co.u...__5409468#Video

Thanks
Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 16 April 2006 - 09:10 AM.