Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

corrupted date on a hard drive

• Please log in to reply

ejay563

ejay563

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi,

My friend had an HP who's mobo failed, and there are some very important files taht are needed whihc are on that hard drive. the problem is that the data seems to be corrupted. I ahve never seen anything like this before. I am attatching a screen shot of what the files on the had drive looks like. Anyone have any ideas of how to salvage the date if it is possible?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Curious, how is he now viewing this data, did he take out the harddrive and is running it from an external harddrive box or as slave in another comp or has the original mobo sprung back to life and we are seeing the stuff form a normal boot up.

ejay563

ejay563

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
we're running it as a slave on another computer

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I am not sure here, but with an unimportant file what happens if he copies it from slave to master. Also, are we only talking about fonts here, are there any other visible effects here. Also, how did the mobo fial?