Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mozilla-theme installations on debian

• Please log in to reply

hedhunter

hedhunter

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am running debian linux (etch). I have no problem installing software with apt-get, nor dpkg. Recently I decided to try using a theme for firefox; the "download" link on the website gives me a *.JAR file which seems to be something like a tar ball (google said it's a java-format packaging file); do you know what I need to do with this file? Should I unpack it into my .mozilla directory? Doesn't seem to be any helpful instructions on the mozilla website...

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
From one of the themes on the Firefox web page:

It seem Firefox Add-Ons site have some problem with Installer engine. To install this Theme, You will need to download the JAR file onto your desktop(Do not choose to open it). Then Drag&Drop the JAR file into the Theme Manager window.

The theme manager under tools has a place for a drag and drop for a theme file, even under Linux.

What theme are you trying to install? Normally it automatically installs.

Aila

Aila

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How do i find web sites i visited days before or the night before? Help me im just a tall blonde i dont know much about this kinda stuff.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Look in the history, for FF its view>sidebar>history.

Although its almost always on the hotkeys CTRL + H .