Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network User confusion?

• Please log in to reply

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Ok bascially , my user or old user was MynameHere/Admininstrator now it's Mybrothersname/Adminstrator. This is when i log in after like a stand by or sumtin, u know when ur pc locks up when u dont use it ? yeah well when i log in after that it says im under my brothers name. As in it says.... Only Mybrothersname/Adminstrator can unlock the computer. So i think this MIGHT because problems with 1 user used on 2 pcs..... :) :blink: :D :whistling: :help: :)

please help !!!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I do not understand...can you not log in?

I cannot tell if you have two user accounts or you renamed your user account

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yes i can login but im under my brothers name not mine anymore! how do u switch user thingies .. ?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you're still a little short on information

could you go to start > control panel > user accounts and tell us what you see?

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
i see one account , administrator but im on a network thingy ... if you dont get it or im just plain stupid , then it's alright since its not causing ... that many problems

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
a network thingy?

c'mon man, throw me a bone. I still do not know what is going on here. You're not stupid, you're just not taking the time to explain yourself. Start from the beginning.

Are you and your brother sharing a profile, or were there two separate ones? How are you logging in?

Who set this machine up?

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Ok i will try to explain my self in the best way i can ....

Well I dont know who set the pcs up prob my dad, but anyways. We're on a network connection i guess , as in are computers are connected... i can i guess access my bros computer. My names ed and his is andrews, heres a screenie.... Now the problem is after i leave my pc for a while and it givs me the standby thingy and tells me to log in. It says ANDREW instead of EDWARD !

http://img133.images...=network0zj.gif

After a standby it should login to EDWARD , but i dont know why it goes ANDREW. BTW.... how do u make it so your pc doesn't standby after a while? I put the power scheme to always on but it stills standby auto -_-

thnx for anyhelp i hope this is more ... better

Edited by CSPBATMAN, 07 April 2006 - 08:07 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It sounds like you are logging in as Andrew and not Ed.

When your pc starts, are you presented with a Welcome Screen with both accounts listed, or does it go straight into Windows?

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
1 account listed , named administrator, not ed or andrew -_-

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

i see one account , administrator but im on a network thingy ... if you dont get it or im just plain stupid , then it's alright since its not causing ... that many problems

Let's go back to this...I do not understand why you have just one account, but you have two user folders (in the picture)

Did someone (brother) delete your user user account under user accounts in control panel?

How old is your brother? How old are you?

I think we need to re-setup some user accounts and transfer some stuff because someone has been doing sone odd stuff on your pc

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
uh im12 and my bro is like 10 about.........

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
hmm, thought your brother was messing around with you (and maybe he was)

One more thing to check

Open MY COMPUTER and navigate to

c:\documents and settings\

What are the names of the folders you see here?

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ic adminstrator and all users

screenshot :
http://img344.images...ekstogo17kb.gif

Edited by CSPBATMAN, 12 April 2006 - 02:54 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Someone has definitely messed around with this machine. Did you talk with your dad about this?

I don't know if someone set something up or if someone was deleting profiles, but something is amiss. If he's OK with it, you can setup a new user account with your name on it, because right now there is only 1 account there.

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
ic ill talk about it

ill reply later tonight when he;s home

Edited by CSPBATMAN, 12 April 2006 - 03:08 PM.