Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox V IE

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Firefox, IE and other browsers

Firefox V IE which one do you use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Vote for wich one you use!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Firefox of course, just switched from outlook to thunderbird and its great.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Firefox, of course! I only use IE to ftp things to my site, and necessary Windows things. :whistling: Otherwise, I never open it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i voted for other because both wasn't an option....if configured correctly...they can be exactly the same

kat...have you tried filezilla? best ftp client ever...that's how i get all my stuff to my g2g page..

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I only use IE when I need an ActiveX for something, I feel dirty using it - seriously it's weird lol

I use FireFox. :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If IE had skins, tabs proper built in ad blocking that worked and didnt have a million one installable toolbars packaged with every piece of software under the sun, and some good extensions support and extensions like FF i mught use it. But it doesnt, and its alot slower than FF is i find, the best solution to having the IE only pages is the IE tab extension for FF that way the scriptblocker still works and so does the basic ad blocker.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I think IE is better because then I can infect my comp and learn how to disinfect it, alas Firefox does not offer me that thrill. Oh my, look what IE has for me today then, a nice exciting ping sound and flashy red botton, cool, sorry no you can't have it, it's mine, now where's that show your desk thread here?

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Edited by fleamailman, 07 April 2006 - 12:11 PM.

Dockboy

Dockboy

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Firefox and Thunderbird all the way!

Gotta love the customization of Mozilla. I haven't had problems with my computer in almost a year. No spyware, no adware, no viruses, nothing. It's awesome. I know it's not just Firefox saving me from all that bad stuff, but heck, it helps!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I just got round to moving from outlook to thunderbird, and its great it gets my emails faster and it does the RSS feeds really well and it can coonect to my ISP newsgroup server for that.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I've been using Firefox and Thunderbird for a long time and you couldn't pay me enough to switch back to IE and Outlook. IE technology is stagnant...it just sits and stinks. Firefox is constantly evolving and improving. I also use Sunbird for my calander...very handy for anyone who has a lot going on and has a memory as old as mine... :whistling:

Advertisements

Maiestas

Maiestas

eh...

• Retired Staff
  • 1,481 posts

IE technology is stagnant...it just sits and stinks.

I only use IE when I need an ActiveX for something, I feel dirty using it

Aww, :whistling:

*Only uses IE* =x

Edited by Leena, 07 April 2006 - 10:25 PM.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Firefox.. Always. :whistling:

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I want to switch to FireFox after all of this... but will it effect my toolbar/ favorites/ links? And will I have to add everything again?

Shoot... it siad flood control was on so i clicked a few tiems... delete other post plz

Edited by yesiammanu, 08 April 2006 - 10:05 AM.

yesiammanu

yesiammanu

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I want to switch to FireFox after all of this... but will it effect my toolbar/ favorites/ links? And will I have to add everything again?

Shoot... flood control was on so I clicked a few times... delete this post plz

Edited by yesiammanu, 08 April 2006 - 10:05 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
yesiammanu...

When you install Firefox, it will give you the opportunity to import your IE favorites...just select the option to do so and all your Favorites will be right where you need them. It's a great browser...enjoy!

Download Firefox

wannabe1