Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox V IE

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Firefox, IE and other browsers

Firefox V IE which one do you use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah it brings everything across, and the great thing, NO toolbars, all the functions you need to add toolbars to get are allready there or you can add them with an extension, and the themes are great they are all very well done.

Ive found a bad thing about thunderbird, its to good at letting me read RSS news ive registered for digg and most of the new scientist channels and now i can spend hours reading the news delivered straight to my inbox.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
FIREFOX ALL THE WAY! I love the extensions and thems, i neva goin back to IE! NEVA
Only use IE for panda and windows update :whistling:
James

Edited by james_8970, 10 April 2006 - 05:05 PM.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
i used to hate firefox until my older brother showed me all the kool things u can do in it.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

I love the extensions and thems,
James

the themes suk in firefox. im hoping there going to make better themes for it, thought the extentions rock

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I go for Firefox but I dont use thunderbird (anyone wont to tell me why I should use it please :whistling: )

IE let some active X controll install without me knowing which caused some problems.

After the active x was removed I installed Firefox and what a difference!

So someone let me know why I should use thunderbird please

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
umm try reading this http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/ and this one is the best one i found http://www.mozilla.o...hunderbird/why/ hopefully they will perswade u to use it. :whistling:

Edited by daniel_c, 31 May 2006 - 02:01 AM.

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I had some problems when trying to retreive my e-mails using thunderbird.

I could send e-Mails from my yahoo account but I could not get them in thunderbird.

Maybe someone could help me here

Edited by BARROS, 31 May 2006 - 06:07 AM.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
i dont think yahoo is supports pop3 and smtp. thunderbird is for pop3 accounts and smtp. someone correct me if im wrong.

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Well, I voted Firefox but I actually use Firefox and Opera. How come no one voted Opera? It's actually a pretty nice browser, and it's faster than Firefox. But I primarily use Firefox because of it's extensions. I use about 90% FF, 9% Opera, and 1% IE

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Opera just seems not to be as popular FF seems to have captured public opinion really well. Thunderbird is pretty good, does everything outlook can and more as well as being faster and generally looking better. It was alot easier to set up Thunderbird for Gmail than it was setting up outlook.

I like the FF themes but really its personal choice of finding one you like, if you cant find one just make one yourself.

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
whats the go with BARROS, was i right about the pop3 account thingy?

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Its kool, I got it working :blink:

Thunderbird is good :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
when is firefox 2.0 comming out?