Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero file order

• Please log in to reply

tallil

tallil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Everytime I use NERO to burn music/files, it alphabetizes them. I put them in the order I want, and then it changes it. Also, XP does the same thing. How do I fix this? I can't stand not being able to burn files in the order I want them.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Advertisements

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello tallil, welcome to GTG!

My research led to this: Within Nero/Nero Express is to drop in an ‘M3U’ playlist when you create the MP3 Audio disc Compilation, along with the MP3 audio files. This will allow those MP3 Players that support M3U playlist, to play the songs in the order you have set down in your playlist.

How to create an M3U playlist: http://www.savefile....php?fid=6845144

Let me know if it works.

Alan :whistling:

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have a lot of albums made into MP3's on my puter. The easist way i've found to keep the same order as they were on the cd is by numbering the files. Heres an example.

I usually go by artists name, then the numbers, then the song title.

Hermans Hermits - 01 - I'm Into Something Good.mp3
Hermans Hermits - 02 - Your Hand In Mine.mp3
etc for the rest of the songs

I continue this with all the songs and save them to a folder i call Hermanshermits. This way i just highlight all the songs to transfer and burn to a cd and they are all in the same order as the original CD. All my original CD's do not get damaged as i store them away. I make audio cd's with the mp3's to play in my stereo and in my truck.

SRX660