Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection dying.

• Please log in to reply

loadsafuniam

loadsafuniam

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Anytime i connect to a Torrent client or a P2P client my internet connection just dies and i have to reboot. what could cause this. Im using a BT Voyager 205 adsl modem/router and a Dlink Router. I dont think its a conflicting port issue.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there loadsafuniam.

Geeks To Go cannot support you as you are using P2P programs. P2P programs can cause way more problems than you are experinceing.

It slows down internet connection and is one of the main sources of malware indection.

A firewall would do good though.

Cool :whistling:

loadsafuniam

loadsafuniam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
the torrent clients themselves are perfectly legal. so what indeed is the problem?
They were used as an example, I also have this problem with FTP clients aswell as server clients.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok loadsafuniam, if its "Legal" lets carry on:

You may be infected with malware.

So please read this: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling: