I am having major probs connecting to ftp://ftp.btopenworld.com on Windows XP.
If I do this on a Win 98 machine I have access to, it comes on immediately and works totally fine.
On XP, I just get
"Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder.
The operation timed out."
And If it try it using LeechFTP I get "No Socket" errors.
I have tried the following:
1. Turning my wireless router firewall off
2. Turning ZoneAlarm off
3. Replacing Zone Alarm with Kerio Firewall then turning that off
4. Turning all "other" firewalls off and using Win XP firewall (with the ftp patch as an exception)
5. Tried ticking and unticking "Use Passive FTP" option in Internet Explorer
6. Used WinSockXPFix to restore settings
7. OPened command prompt, and tried to ftp through here, got: "ftp: connnect :Unknown error number" error.
8. Turing all firewalls off
Nothing works - anyone any ideas?
Driving me mad cos running out of options!!
Im sure that increasing the network timeout will have no affect (dont know how to do it anyway!) since it should come on straight away as on my Win98 machine.
Any help greatly appreciated!