Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot connect to FTP

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
nope, same error

when did all this change, recently?

Advertisements

Nick052

Nick052

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Yeh, very recently.

But strange thing is, I can access ftp//ftp.btopenworld.com on my Win98 machine with no problems whatsoever.

It doesn't help that the BT technical support team don't seem to understand what I am trying to do, even though my website is hosted by them!

Edited by Nick052, 08 April 2006 - 11:29 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
do what I suggested in post 5, and also go to the port tab and open ports 20 and 21, both tcp and udp

Nick052

Nick052

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I am not using Windows Firewall - I am using Kerio firewall, so the XP one is disabled.

How do I do what you suggested in Kerio?

How come other ftp sites work on my machine if a port is blocked?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I dont know.

But, it might be better if we removed kerio for the moment to ensure that is not the issue

Nick052

Nick052

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,

I have tried it again with all firewalls off - Kerio is off, Windows Firewall off and my router firewall off.

Starting to think its BT thats at fault - maybe they have compatability issues with XP, cos all other ftp sites work.