Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ISP spying on me....

• Please log in to reply

stigorilla

stigorilla

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:whistling: :blink: :help: :) ...

Hello all.. sorry to jump in to this forum looking all mad like this ..but really, after you read what I have to say you will know why . I am currently in the country of lebanon, I just signedup with an internet service provider here that seems more like an internet service ristricter ,and when I say service provider you would probably be thinking something like Comcast or AOL , but the fact it is just a guy that has a highspeed satalite connection and a server and has made up LAN connection to over a 100 customers limiting each at 8kb download / a Really profetable buissness for himself :) fockin *sshole ......Now the problem is the guy is spying on my computer....... , I knew that he is using a program called Activity Moniter ..he knows every thing that goes on my computer ,and he probably will see this message ... how in [bleep] can I stop that little rabbit from sneaking into my computer like that, I have tried Kaspersky antihacker which seems not to do the trick....the connection I am getting is wireless LAN as he has setup an IP for every customer .

thanks alot. :D
Stig....

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there stigorilla, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Well if it was in the contract that you signed with him when using his service. Then you cant really do anything bout it.

But if not.... Usually these people use backdoors to see what you are doing on your computer. The only way you can really get rid of him is if you get rid of the backdoor. Propably when downloading drivers supllied by him you got the backdoor.

So there are two ways of doing this:

1. Find the backdoor (File) and delete.
2. Or you can find what port he is connecting with you through and block access from that port.

I would prefer deleting the file striaght away, but to start off with that you should block him off while you are in the process.

Cool :whistling:

Edit: What dsenette, he is 100% correct. You may be getting the connection really really cheap, but its best you find a new ISP. Besides what can you do with 8k, it must take at least 5 minuits to open a page.

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 07 April 2006 - 01:48 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
your best sollution would be to get a legitimate ISP account....it doesn't seem worth trying to deal with this dink...if you were in the US you could have the guy put in jail but i doubt it's the same in lebanon..plus an 8Kb dl speed...isn't exactly blazing is it?

stigorilla

stigorilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the quick reply guys,
spike_hacker_inc . I remmeber when he was setting up the connection he downloaded somestuff to my PC one was Lanconference.. Is there anyway that I can find the backdoor file? or should I just format every thing just to be safe . and dsenette beleive it or not all Legit ISP account's in this country are crappy dialup unlimited access for 49$(USD) + a huge phone bill things are just silly here , God!! I wish I was back in the US....
Stig..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
lanconference seems to be a lan based chat client...

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there again stigorilla, ok you can start off by uninstalling "Lanconference"

(Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs)

You could just format, but let me see if I am allowed beacuse in order to see if you have a backdoor on you PC, this will requir a hijackthis log.

Please be patient I will only be a few minuits.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there stigorilla, sorry for the long wait. Unfortunatly I can no longer help you with this issue.

This seems to be a malware issue and it is best that a proper trained person should take care of your problem. Let them know about this thread and that it is possible that it is a homemade backdoor and may not be picked up by regular sites.

Then please read here: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again stigorilla, once you have posted a hijackthis log through to the malware forum, will you please post the link here so I can keep trake of what is going on.

Thanks... :whistling:

stigorilla

stigorilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Alright ,thanks alot spike_ ..I'll have to do that tomorow ,off to bed for now. and again thanks for all the help:)
Stig.