Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Recycle Bin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bradwow

bradwow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey... Thanks for reading.

Yesterday I was going through Kazaa and I decided to delete all the files from Kazaa because I thought that Kazaa was taking so long to download files because of the 2000 or so song files in the Shared Folder. So I deleted it, without reading the 'delete files from your computer' sign, and there went all my files.

First thing I did was check the Recycle Bin... nope nothing in there. Weird.

So then I downloaded the Undelete Demo... without reading the terms... restore up to 64KB per file... BUT STILL.. I saw the files I needed to get.

I went one step further and downloaded Restoration. SEEMED GENUIS. Let me restore all my files. Continuosly it asked a similar question to 'Are you sure you want to save the data here... it will overwrite your data' or something like that and I didnt understand so I just pressed yes and restored one-by-one since 4 - 11 : 45 [YES WITH BREAKS] until I realised... hey let me listen to a song. And so I did to notice it was mashed up with other songs. :) :help: :whistling: My heart broke.

I just want to know... what can I do to fix the situation? Did the overwrite message mean I can't get the songs back as normal. Im feeling very bad... If only the recycle bin worked I cudda just pressed restore all. WHY!!

:blink: Please

Brad

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there bradwow, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

But unfortunatly we cannot help you recover or find your "ILLEGAL" music files.

Kazaa is a P2P program that is used to share music over net, this can slowdown intrenet preformance and is one of the main ways of getting infected with malware.

Sorry... :whistling:

jgmizz1

jgmizz1

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Also kazaa is FILLED with spyware.

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
As has already been stated, we do not help with p2p apps except to help you remove them or fix the problems created by using them. We will not help you retrieve copyrighted files that were downloaded via Kazaa.

This topic is closed.