Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor vs. Magnetic field

• Please log in to reply

michald

michald

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello guys.

You see i have a question about a monitor and the magnetic field
What i mean is that i had a CRT monitor before and i didn't had normal speakers to computer i had this HiFi tower and i connected it to my computer but the speakers were producing this magnetic field or something so the monitor broke down. Right now i have this LCD Samsung SycnMaster 930B and i was wondering if the speakers are going to harm it if i connect them to this monitor. I heard that LCDs are build differently than CRTs.

Thank you for your help

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there michald.

I dont know if they will affect your new monitor. But they are built diffrently, LCD is liqued crystals. Thats why they usually more expensive. I know on CRT's if a magnet gets to close and damages color, some monitors have "Degauze". Like the "LG 710S"

Any more information. Wait a bit longer and maybe someone can give you an exact answer if it will mess up your new screen.

Cool :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It shouldnt really affect it as CRTs are susceptible to magnets because of the way they work they use electromagnetic plates to guide electrons onto phosphorescent spots(itll actually go away sometimes once you remove the magnet).

But its still electronics and electronics dont like being near magnets at all.

michald

michald

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
thank you guys for your help i bought new speakers Logitech X530 5.1 and they are awesome so i don't have the problem with the magnetic field anymore.