uninstalling window media player
Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:10 PM
WARNING: Make a backup copy of the registry before attempting to uninstall media player 10 beta! Make a copy by selecting: Registry / Export Registry, save it on your Desktop.
* Click the START button and select Run.
* Type in: regedit in the command box.
* When the regedit window appears, expand the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE by clicking on the plus sign to its right.
* Now Click on the plus next to SOFTWARE, then MICROSOFT, then WINDOWS, then CURRENT VERSION and finally UNINSTALL
* When you expand the Uninstall folder, you'll see all the programs currently installed, such as the uninstall Media Player 10 or Media Player, etc.
* Click on the folder you want to uninstall, in the box on the right you will see two strings:
* DisplayName and UninstallString.
* Double click UninstallString and a box will appear with the uninstall string highlighted.
* Right click on the highlighted entry and select COPY.
* Close the Regedit window.
* Select the START button and click RUN.
* Right click inside the command box and paste the uninstall string and click OK to uninstall Media Player 10 beta.
You will use this procedure only when the option to uninstall media player 10 beta, 10, 9, or others are not listed in the add / remove programs under the control panel.
Let me know if this worked.
Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:16 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users