Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Checklist for my new machine

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Shifty54

Shifty54

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello.

I am here to see if there is any other suggestions you could make for the parts I have chosen, before I drop the axe for the buildoff.

The budget I am aiming for is 2200-2500, 80/20 split in favor of online/single player gaming over actual work. If anyone has any ideas for either better performance or quite possibly saving of money I would greatly appreciate it. With everything I have listed below it comes to 2,052.91 Shipped and without factoring in any rebates. So I do have some room to play with. I've done a handy amount of research and have chosen parts that hopefully will be able to keep me future proof for awhile.

Thanks for the help in advance.

PC:

Case:Aspire X-Navigator
Mobo:DFI Lanparty
CPU:AMD Opteron 170 Denmark
RAM:G.skill 2GB
Hard Drive:Western Digital 74GB Raptor 10,000RPM / Seagate Barracuda 7200 250GB
Video Card:eVGA 512-P2-N570 GeForce 7900GTX
Cooling:Zalman CNP9500 , Artic Silver 5 Paste
Card Reader:Bytecc 42 in 1 Card Reader
Power Supply:Fortron Source 700W

There it is in a nutshell. Mostly priced out from ZZF and NE. Hopefully my choices are alright and will work well this way, however if you guys have any input into something better, or a way to cut costs without sacrificing performance much, let me know. Thanks!

Shifty

Advertisements