Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

change language on pc?

• Please log in to reply

sl8a

sl8a

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
does any1 know how i can change the whole pc to english???

please help:D:D

thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do start > settings > control panel > then you should see a regional and language settings (looks like a globe) open that...then i believe you need the second tab on that window (sorry i'm on 2000 at home)...and make sure both boxes on that screen say english..then you'll need to restart and everything should be readable...then go back to that screen and make sure everything there says english

sl8a

sl8a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
thanks but that doesnt seem to help??? ?

v good description but its because you have win 2000

has any1 got xp who can help me? ??

sl8a

sl8a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
any1? ? ??

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
does this help?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.microsoft...xpintlsupp.mspx

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

do start > settings > control panel > then you should see a regional and language settings (looks like a globe) open that...then i believe you need the second tab on that window (sorry i'm on 2000 at home)...and make sure both boxes on that screen say english..then you'll need to restart and everything should be readable...then go back to that screen and make sure everything there says english

Dsennette's instructions worked for me on Win XP. Had a whole list of foreign languages under Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.

Must be another problem not related to this? :whistling:

Ron

sl8a

sl8a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i dont think you understand what i'm saying....

when i do what you have told me to do there is no english language installed!!!

how do i installl it???

or can i transfer a language folder off my bros pc becasue he has xp english. and where is the located??? ?

please help me i dont wanna run a german pc forever!!!!!(or wt eva lingo it is)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The only way I know of to get the entire Operating System in English is to uninstalled current version of O/S to an earlier Windows version that will allow the upgrade to the O/S you want in English. Uninstalling current O/S may restore your PC to an earlier version, but it may also be in another language.

I can not see changing the complete O/S to English any other way, but some of the other more experience Gurus in this forum may have an idea.

Not much help from me. Sorry.

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The only way I know of to get the entire Operating System in English is to uninstalled current version of O/S to an earlier Windows version that will allow the upgrade to the O/S you want in English. Uninstalling current O/S may restore your PC to an earlier version, but it may also be in another language.

I can not see changing the complete O/S to English any other way, but some of the other more experience Gurus in this forum may have an idea.

Not much help from me. Sorry.

Ron

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the only way that i know of to install those files is to use the windows MUI (multi user interface) stuff from microsoft...search the microsoft website for MUI and see if they have a place to order the cd...