Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexmark X63 Printer-print sharing issue

• Please log in to reply

duhno

duhno

• Pip
  • 4 posts
After reformatting my XP, I reinstalled my printer and every time I try to use it, it says "Device is Busy Try again later". I'm sure this is because somewhere within my OS, it's allowing it to be a "shared printer" as it did before the reformat. I have unchecked all the areas which allow print sharing, but it hasn't corrected the problem. It's never used over a network.
Before the reformatting, I corrected this problem by doing a regedit and adding a key with a form of-print$/delete, or something close to this. Unconsious of the future need of this path, I didn't take note of it. I'm hoping someone can tell me what this "EXACT" key path, name and value to be added, needs to be. I do remember that it begins in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Advertisements