Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Lexmark X63 Printer-print sharing issue

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
After reformatting my XP, I reinstalled my printer and every time I try to use it, it says "Device is Busy Try again later". I'm sure this is because somewhere within my OS, it's allowing it to be a "shared printer" as it did before the reformat. I have unchecked all the areas which allow print sharing, but it hasn't corrected the problem. It's never used over a network.
Before the reformatting, I corrected this problem by doing a regedit and adding a key with a form of-print$/delete, or something close to this. Unconsious of the future need of this path, I didn't take note of it. I'm hoping someone can tell me what this "EXACT" key path, name and value to be added, needs to be. I do remember that it begins in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.