Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank screen, bar says done?

• Please log in to reply

koryo

koryo

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok here is the deal, i really need fast help as tomorrow i am re-vamping a lot of my clients websites and this HAS to be fixed ASAP, by tomorrow would be awsome

ok, my favourite internet browser software is mozilla firefox (isn't everybodys?) however when i try to go onto the internet (and yes the home page is set right) it loads me a blank, white page, and the loading bar in the bottom left says "done".

now here is the interesting part, whenever i try to go onto the net with IE 6, it comes up with a DNS server error. so i have gone through all my network connection settings, my internet settings, and hardware settings to try and track down the problem, no luck.

so i decide "a [bleep] with it" and re install mozilla firefox, guese what, no luck

i have also checked the IE cypher, its at 128 bit (normal). i am thinking of re-formatting however it would take 20 cd's for me to back up what i need and i dont have a dvd burner....

also, i have used CMD to ping multiple sites (google, yahooo) to see if i am connected to the internet, and yes i am. whenever msn 7.5 or incredimail try to connect they crash and give me a critical error, however Zonealarm can still update online..... wierd

it shouldn't be a virus as i have AVG full, Zonealarm latest versions (firewall, antispyware, and antivirus) and the latest spywaredoctor installed, they all give me a clear scan.

this is a real annoyance and has cost me a lot of time.... any advice?

*day 2*

ok, i have now tried a system restore, no luck, it just gives me a "restoration incomplete" error after it tries, on every point....

i have tried this from normal, and safe mode

i upgraded to SP2 and updated security holes, still not helped. Now whenever i try and go onto the net in mozilla firefox it says "can not find www.google.com"....

same problem with internet explorer, DNS error.... and now i cant ping a site through command either.

i am using a samsung laptop with an intel centrino wireless card, running on Intel pro set wireless. it isnt a software conflict as windows wont configure my wireless because its set to run off intel pro set wireless...

i can still ping my wireless router, and another pc in the house connected wirelessly to it can get onto the internet...

its auto DCHP and it automaticaly assigns me an IP, there is not an ip conflict

im starting to run out of ideas here

Edited by koryo, 09 April 2006 - 12:47 PM.

Advertisements

koryo

koryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok, i guese by the response that this is a heck of a problem :S

koryo

koryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts