Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

off mode 5 sec

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
When starting up the computer i recive a message on my moniter saying " off mode 5 sec". I cannot see anything with startup. No safe mode menus or anything. I have checked the cables for moniter I have checked the Video card to see if it is connected right and tight. Still nothing.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hey there Mr.Chow, yip this sounds like something to do with the monitor.

Try and look for a "menu" button on the monitor (A physical button you have to press) and try and see if you can change settings to defualt.

let me know. Cool :whistling:

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Still show off mode 5 sec. Please HELP!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Mr.Chow...

Have you or anyone else worked on your machine lately? Changed motherboards, PCI or AGP cards, removed or changed Hard Drives, cd-roms...anything like that? This almost sound like a shorted motherboard or loose cable.

wannabe1