Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geforce FX 5200 SuSE 10.0

• Please log in to reply

john000

john000

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have installed an EVGA Geforce FX 5200 on my computer running SuSE Linux 10.0.When I run a 3d game,it claims that the 3d acceleration is not configured.How do I configure it?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Is it a linux compatible game, a windows game will not work on a linux system without the proper emulation software like wine.

john000

john000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yes,it is a Linux game.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
SuSE, off of my head I remember having a package manager, open your menus and find the package manager... I think it is called "YaST". Type in the search nVidia, you should find the latest drivers for your FX5200. I had a simular problem with my FX5200.

john000

john000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Couldn't find the drivers.Besides,this is YaST2.Everything works fine,including the screen resoulution,ect.But the checkbox at the bottom of the gfx card configuration screen that says "Activate 3d accelration" is grayed out,and I am unable to check it.