Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory compatability issue (and USB ports not functioning)

• Please log in to reply

DPJ

DPJ

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I recently bought memory to upgrade my Dell Dimension Desktop. The memory I bought can be viewed here:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145486

Unless I am missing something I thought I purchased the correct memory. I tried just installing one stick of RAM in slot 1 (then later just 1 stick in slot 3), and that did not work either. I then tried to install one stick of the new RAM with my old RAM (which is 2-256mb sticks), that did not work either. I tested the new RAM out in another PC and it does work.

After all this I reverted back to my old configuration of 512mb (2-256mb sticks). Now none of the 5 usb ports on the back of my PC work. There is no problems with them according to the device manager. The devides I try to use on them do not power up at all. The 2 usb ports on the front of my PC do work fine though.

Any help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I attached a copy of the WinAudit I ran on my PC.

Thanks

I have removed your WinAudit report because it contained enough security info to allow a 2 year old to hack into your system. I have however, edited out those parts & re-posted the revised report for you. Samm

Attached File  DAVIDDESKTOP2.txt   241.34KB   137 downloads

Edited by Samm, 09 April 2006 - 05:55 PM.

Advertisements