Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Default Programs

• Please log in to reply

geekguy5

geekguy5

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone,

I've got a small little problem. The thing is, my brother likes to use Mozilla FireFox and OUtlook, I like to use Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

We both have seperate user accounts, computer administrator. Is there some kind of way that I can set IE as my default program, and FireFox as his default program?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Be in the account you want to set the default browser in.

In firefox it's under tools/options/ general tab. Put a checkmark in default browser.

In Internet Explorer, it's in Tools/Internet Options/Programs tab. Put a checkmark in the box at the bottom of the window. Be sure you are in the user that you want IE to be default.

I don't think you will have to set one of the users as a limited account. If it is necessary go into control panel/ user accounts and click change user account to change to a limited account.

I installed firefox on a customer computer and they called me back the next day saying only one of the accounts could use firefox. I had to set every account to use firefox as default.

SRX660