Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hanging During A 3D Program

• Please log in to reply

DrCoolP

DrCoolP

• Pip
  • 5 posts
When ever I try to run a graphic heavy / 3D game such as Silent Hunter 3, Medival: Total War, or Call of Duty, my computer hangs and the speakers start buzzing. Now I checked the Windows XP site for a solution. It seems like the VIA chipset with AGP slot caused a conflict in with Windows 2000 Pro which caused the computer to hang/crash. Now is there anyway to fix this?

I have a MSI KT4V, 512MB RAM (which is brand new), 70 GB Western Digital drive(brand new), ATI Radeon X700(brand new), Windows XP Professional with SP2. Now, if they knew about the problem with Windows 2000 I think it would have been included with Windows XP Pro. Ive updated my video drivers, my VIA chipset drivers, and I still get the same problems. Like that the reason I upgraded everything, was to see if the hardware was the problem. One of my old memory chips was burnt out, and that prevented me from installing Windows until I removed them.

Thanks for your help PLZ RESPOND ASAP!!!

DrCoolP

Advertisements

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I had this same problem once. It turned out the power supply was going out. It's also likely that your power supply can't handle the power load you're trying to put on it. You need at least a 450w power supply to handle everything you have in your list, so check that out before going any further.

DrCoolP

DrCoolP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I had this same problem once. It turned out the power supply was going out. It's also likely that your power supply can't handle the power load you're trying to put on it. You need at least a 450w power supply to handle everything you have in your list, so check that out before going any further.

That could be it since my power supply is only 410W. I'll check back and tell you if that is my problem. Thanks.