Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my space is killin me

• Please log in to reply

grassi

grassi

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
:whistling: hello team, i actually never knew about you until i saw your myspace site(hope its you). Anyways it led me here to see if maybe you can help fix my website? I am finished with those imposters who present themselves as moderators. Sorry guys its just ive been learning this computer stuff in general(this is my first computer) and ive learned a lot on my own through tech support forums getting rid of malware\spyware and virus\hacks\frauds and of course my surfing. Anyway you people know what your doing at these computer tech forums where as those people at myspace their horrible. Ive been told things were imposssible when in fact they were not. Ive been told codes in these forums, that really were not that well put together and ive had them redone. Everywhere there are numerous answers everywhere i go. sorry team just thought i would let you know so you dont redirect me there, for support. well anyways can you maybe help me with some minor adjustments on myspace profile? oh yeah are you guys located around saratoga ny?

Advertisements

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
edit: inconciderate reply if you don't have anything usefull to contribute...then don't.

grassi

grassi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

lol.... some1 fill him in

i dont even think thats considered a reply. What in the "heck" does that mean lol..... anyway i have this (<style>body{background:url(http://i2.tinypic.com/szh2ci.jpg)}</style>) as one of my codes on my picture page typed in a caption box this is the picture backround i want Posted Image but it only shows up in the top left corner, can i stretch or make bigger or something any code for size, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks for your time

I Want Candy

I Want Candy

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I am not on staff here or anything. But I am on Myspace...lol
I myself right now have a boogered code...
Love the graphics and site but things just don't fall in place right.
I myself turn to my daughter...the myspace addict...
she read this post and says that is only a part of the code...you need the part that would size it for sure...
we couldn't see your graphic as it had exceeded limits...or she would have tested it in hers and passed it on
I know you said PLZ don't send me to myspace...
but IF you would like
leave a link to your myspace and she said she will look at the code you have and try to help you out.
I agree that trying to follow most "myspace" help can be rather confusing and conflicting!!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

... anyway i have this (<style>body{background:url(http://i2.tinypic.com/szh2ci.jpg)}</style>) as one of my codes on my picture page typed in a caption box this is the picture backround i want [image link deleted by me] but it only shows up in the top left corner, can i stretch or make bigger or something any code for size, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks for your time

If this is being used as an inline style:

<style type="text/css">

body { background: url('http://i2.tinypic.com/szh2ci.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: center center; width: 182px; height: 61px; border: 0 0 0 0; }

</style>

Replace your image size with the size you need. Maintain proper aspect ratio so it will look normal.

If you want to position with text-wrapping then use float: left or float: right; . Without text-wrapping: clear: left; or clear: right; or clear: both; .

Check in different browsers unless you are setting to only one browser as no two will parse a page the same way without some work arounds and even then it is not exact.

Check online for current CSS2 styling and try to use a style sheet (filename.css). Try to use the w3c.org's markup validation service to ensure your pages are coded within their standards.

Ron

grassi

grassi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
"YOUR THE BEST'' both of ya. "I want candy"- thanks for going out of your way a long with your daughter i managed to figure it out thanks to you guys and Major payne. You too thanks for everything, man i ve been tryin for weeks and now im cured thanks geeks to go, by the way i didnt mean to go off at myspace as i respect what the people are trying to accomplish, just what "i want candy" said, those people make it very hard then they get frustrated and a little cocky sometimes. Thanks again as you couldnt have explained this to a newby any easier.

I Want Candy

I Want Candy

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Anytime I know how fustrating that can be...I am learning but I still have to seek help too...Glad you figured it all out. Hope ya have a great week !! :whistling: