Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with Windows Installer problem!

• Please log in to reply

TheQuij

TheQuij

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Nearly every single time that I try to open a program such as Internet Explorer or Disk Defragmenter, or even when I try to open most folders on my computer, a small window pops up again and again that is titled "Window s Installer" and says "preparing installation." This usually prevents the program that I am trying to open from running. After a while, the window says that it is gathering required information and is configuring Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Then, a bigger window pops up saying "Installation Error: File not found
A required Installation File SKU011.CAB could not be found." Then it says "Original Installation source Required . . . Once you have located your installation source, click OK." The default place for it to look in is D:\, but everytime I click OK, the same window pops up again and again because the file was not found on D:\. Can anyone tell me where I should look to find the file SKU011.CAB?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
The obvious question---have you tried removing then reinstalling office profressional?

TheQuij

TheQuij

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Yes, I have. The problem was solved for about three weeks, then it came back.

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Try copying the file SKU011.CAB from the office CD to c:\MSOCache\All Users\ folder.

TheQuij

TheQuij

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
The Laptop that I am using was given to me by my school, so I do not have the installation CDs, but the technology help desk does. Is there a way that I can get that file without using the CDs?