Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having problems reformatting my computer

• Please log in to reply

nOinternet

nOinternet

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I choosed to reformat my hard-drive because of many infections the last month. I've earlier recovered a set of "System recovere dvd-set" from the manufacturer(HP). But when it's time to configure windows, it keeps asking for a "Supplement disk". I didn't get any disks when i bought the computer, but got (as mentioned) recovery-dvd's but if I try putting them into the cd-rom, it says it's the wrong disc.

Anybody have any tips on what to do? I've sent a mail to HP, but doesn't rely on them helping me in the near future.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I would take this up with HP. They do have an 800 number you can call, posted on their web page: 888-999-4747. I have called them myself looking for parts for an old PIII that I have. Much better now than it used to be. When I first bought that PIII all they had was you pay and stay on hold a long time waiting for your turn. Call them. Maybe they sent you the wrong disks?

nOinternet

nOinternet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thx for reply. I've talked to the guys at HP, thet're sending me this supplement-disc, ,but due to easter-holiday it's gonna take a long time :whistling: to get it. But it is still weird that I was asked by my comp to put this disc in. According to the guys at HP one only needed it when things is really bad.

If the disc they send dont work, I get back to the forum and ask.
BTW I got 2 computers, each with Win XP Home, if things don't go well w the supplement-disc, could I use the install-discs for the other computer(in theory, I know copyright etc) on this one and just find al the drivers needed on the web?