Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

• Please log in to reply

xena11

xena11

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
:whistling: I had to do a system recovery on one of my computers now I can NOT log into many sites like "My Ebay" "Hot Mail" I am running internet explorer and norton. I use a netgear wireless router.

Edited by xena11, 09 April 2006 - 06:41 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
are you using the norton firewall? Which browser is this on? Internet explorer, firefox, opera?
thanx
James :whistling:

xena11

xena11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thank you for helping. I am using internet explorer. In Norton under Web Browsing it says Advanced firewall protection Not available. This area is grey and not highlighted.

hanks Again

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Lets try and change some settings in internet explorer by doing the following,
1.open internet explorer->internet options->security-> place scroll to medium
2.open internet explorer->internet options->privacy->place scroll to medium

Try to connect to one of the sites that didn't work in the past.

If that doesn't work, it might be norton....
Can you check if you have the firewall enabled to any level, those where advanced setting and i'm thinking that if you not an administrator you might not have privilages (could very well be wrong). So what i'm saying is, can you double check if you have any kind of firewall coming from norton, if you do have it running, disable windows firewall. If your not sure how to do so, let me know and i'll explain in my next post. Also if you find that you do have it on, Norton has a habit of blocking secured sites, so please look around to lower the settings (till it'll work and/or medium should do).
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 12 April 2006 - 08:48 PM.