Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A $500 system?

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
A $500 budget system:

The Ultimate Budget Box tosses the gaming focus out the window, instead focusing on a bare-minimum budget system. To all those people clamoring for a minimalist Budget Box: this is it. Look around inside most corporate offices, where most computers need to handle a few Office documents and light Internet use. They don't need to be able to burn CDs or handle 3D-intensive games, but they do need to be reliable and affordable. Lots of consumers out there probably want a similar box, an appliance that lets them get onto the Internet, take care of e-mail, and do a few documents. For them, being able to burn a CD-RW would probably be nice, but anything beyond that is an extra. Low-cost, reliability, and quality are key. That is what the Ultimate Budget Box is about: not skimping on components, but not loading it up with features either.

Link: http://www.arstechni...matebudget.html

A $500 gaming system:

When I fired up Mozilla to find the parts for the $500 PC, Vol. 3, I had no idea I'd spec a full gaming PC for less than Dan "Foo-Foo" Huard paid for his last graphics card. Dan dropped $488 on his ATI Radeon 9800 All-in-Wonder back in October. In all fairness to Dan and his (formerly) state-of-the-art graphics card, the system I'm building on tonight's "Screen Savers" assumes you're recycling your monitor, OS, mouse, and keyboard.

Link: http://www.techtv.co...3598882,00.html

Advertisements