Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for some personal 1 on 1 help.

• Please log in to reply

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Alright, I need to fix my computer, thing is, I have NO CLUE what the problem is. If you look at my history I've had some problems in the past. I'm not sure where this, so I put it here as I feel it will get a fast response, and if there is a designated spot for it, it will be moved there swiftly.

I am having trouble running thing on my comp One second it will be running at full speed, completely smooth, other times the FPS drops like 50-90% and it's really choppy/slow.. It's offline, online, etc. Any game whether it's diablo 2, warcraft 3, or something as simple as a GBA rom. Things like mpegs, and songs do not lag however.

I find that my computer(laptop) get's VERY hot when I run these things, if I life it up, and cools down it goes back to normal speed(I believe, could just be me and my mind playing tricks on me). I also believe I might have a video driver problem(not sure though). It could also be I need a new vid card and it took a crap on me, it could be a lot of things, I just plain don't know. So, first I need someone to help me find the problem, then fix it.

I know that it's discouraged to help people via pms/ims/etc, but I really want this to be a thing where I can communicate right away, and not have to keep posting/replying etc, since I believe it will take many posts and replies to find the problem.

So please, if you're willing to take on the daunting task please msn/aim me.

Nick_all(AT)hotmail(DOT)com
Nickalous mi

I will be on for another 3-5 hours tonight, and on alot tommorrow night.

PS: I will keep checking this topic, so if we CAN'T do it via IM then we cna do it here, but I would much prefer IMs.

Thanks

Nick

Edited by skate_punk_21, 25 April 2006 - 05:25 PM.

Advertisements